Saturday 6 July 2013

Review: Princess Charming by Nicole Jordan

From Goodreads:

In Nicole Jordan's dazzling new Regency series, the scandalous Wilde cousins seek true love by imitating history's legendary lovers... beginning with Ashton Wilde, Marquis of Beaufort, who takes on the daunting role of Prince Charming to an unlikely Cinderella.


My Review:


I'm not sure if I'm just not feeling historical romances this week or if I'm just lucking out on my selections, but Princess Charming by Nicole Jordan fell flat for me.  I almost returned it without reading, but trudged through just because I feel guilty giving up on a book.


This novel had potential.  It's a typical historical romance as a whole. The intimate scenes were awkward.  The romance was not very romantic at all.  He didn't seem to woo her.  I like to be wooed.  Basically, I liked the hero and heroine, but they needed a little more dimension. The story was okay, but it was missing something crucial.  I just didn't fall in love and I wasn't intrigued.  On a positive note, the prologue pulled some heartstrings and the Wilde family as a whole were absolutely loveable. I also enjoyed how much the heroine cared about her stepsisters and vice versa - no wickedness there.

In my humble opinion, if you're bored and can get a copy from the library, it wouldn't hurt to read - maybe I just missed the appeal.  Needless to say, I won't be continuing this series unless the remaining titles on my wishlist are unavailable.

No comments:

Post a Comment